Seat of the Administrative Court
One of the lasting achievements of the “December Constitution of 1867” which the Imperial Council wrested from the Emperor was the establishment of an Administrative Court; as an institution granting legal redress it is to this day one of the pillars of the rule of law as embodied in Austrian constitutional law.
A quarter of a century after its establishment the Administrative Court, whose offices had become too small to allow expeditious work, moved to the more spacious Palais Epstein, which had to be adapted for the purpose. When the staff of the Administrative Court was reduced at the time of the First Republic, the Court moved to smaller premises.
- The Palace as the Family Residence and Office Building of the Epsteins
- Headquarters of the Imperial Continental Gas Association
- Seat of the Vienna Schools Council (First Republic)
- Seat of the Construction Department of the Reichsstatthalterei
- Headquarters of the Soviet City Kommandantura
- The Dependency of the Academy of Music and the Performing Arts
- Seat of the Vienna City Schools Council (Second Republic)
- Palais Epstein Today