Seat of the Construction Department of the Reichsstatthalterei
After the Anschluss with National Socialist Germany the Vienna Schools Council was turned into one of the instruments of racial hatred.
Jewish teachers and pupils were relegated from state secondary schools as early as spring 1938. When the Schools Council was incorporated into the Reichsstatthalterei, the office of the Reich governor of Vienna, and moved to another building in 1940, Palais Epstein became the seat of the construction department of the Reichsstatthalterei.
- The Palace as the Family Residence and Office Building of the Epsteins
- Headquarters of the Imperial Continental Gas Association
- Seat of the Administrative Court
- Seat of the Vienna Schools Council (First Republic)
- Headquarters of the Soviet City Commandantura
- The Dependency of the Academy of Music and the Performing Arts
- Seat of the Vienna City Schools Council (Second Republic)
- Palais Epstein Today