Palais Epstein Today
The future use of Palais Epstein was at the centre of a heated public debate. After its sale to a bank had been averted at the last minute, the wish to use the palace for parliamentary purposes clashed with the desire to turn it into a “House of Tolerance”.
Finally, Palais Epstein has become a multifunctional building. In addition to meeting rooms and offices for the Parliamentary groups it accommodates the “Demokratiewerkstatt”-workshops for kids aged 8 - 14.
- The Palace as the Family Residence and Office Building of the Epsteins
- Headquarters of the Imperial Continental Gas Association
- Seat of the Administrative Court
- Seat of the Vienna Schools Council (First Republic)
- Seat of the Construction Department of the Reichsstatthalterei
- Headquarters of the Soviet City Kommandantura
- The Dependency of the Academy of Music and the Performing Arts
- Seat of the Vienna City Schools Council (Second Republic)