Conference of Speakers of the European Union Parliaments
8 - 9 April 2019
- An online registration system has been implemented for all conferences within the framework of the Austrian EU Presidency. The links to the registration platform will be sent to each chamber’s Permanent Representative to the European Union by e-mail. Using this link, the Delegation Accreditation Officers (DAO) can log in and register the members of delegation. Logging into the account and changing data will be possible until the registration deadline on 8 March 2019.
- Please note that ambassadors or other diplomatic representatives accompanying the delegation also have to be registered via the online registration system. Due to space constraints, only one representative from each embassy will be able to attend.
- All guests are kindly asked to announce the time of arrival and departure of their flights in the online registration system.
- Any changes concerning the travel arrangements should be updated in the online registration system up to the registration deadline. Should there occur any changes after the deadline, please notify them to EUSpeakers-AT2019@parlament.gv.at
- Upon arrival/departure, Heads of delegation and accompanying delegates will be provided with one limousine and one minivan at the VIP terminal of Vienna International Airport or from/to the state border crossing to/from their conference hotel. The minivan seats six delegation members; the seat next to the driver is reserved for an accompanying officer from the Austrian Parliament.
- Depending on the level of security of the delegation, the official motorcade might be security-checked and escorted by the police. In this case only security-checked vehicles are allowed to join the official motorcade.
- Delegation members travelling separately from their Head of delegation are asked to organize their own transport.
- Vienna International Airport (https://www.viennaairport.com/en/passengers) is located about 18 km from the city centre, which is approximately a 20 minutes' drive depending on traffic. You can reach Vienna by train (City Airport Train or ÖBB Railjet Train), taxi or bus.
- Transportation service in busses for the Speakers and their accompanying delegation to and from the conference and the dinner venue will be arranged throughout the meeting.
- If you plan to arrive on Sunday, 7 April 2019, please note that the Vienna City Marathon will take place on that day. Due to roadblocks in parts of the city including the city centre, we highly recommend to arrange your arrival after 17:00, in case you are not staying at the Intercontinental Hotel.
- Some parts of Vienna are not accessible at least until 14:00. Thereafter roadblocks will partially be lifted again until 17:00.
- A welcome desk will be provided at the airport for delegates to pick up welcome bags and identity badges. Heads of delegations receive a pin and a badge.
- Heads of delegations and their accompanying delegates arriving at one of the state border crossings will receive their pins, identity badges and welcome bags from the staff of the Austrian Parliament upon arrival.
- For delegates not travelling with their Head of delegation welcome desks at the conference hotels will be open on Monday, 8 April 2019, from 13:00 – 14:15. Delegates arriving later will receive their accreditation directly at the conference venue upon presenting their ID document.
- For security reasons, all participants are requested to wear their pins or identity badges visibly at all times during the event. If you lose your pin or identity badge, please contact the organisers immediately.
- Security officers who carry arms are kindly requested to inform the Ministry of the Interior of their contact details by a verbal note, including: full name, birth date, passport number, weapon type and serial number and ammunition carried. This must be done until 30 March 2019. Contact: email@example.com
- If a radio frequency is needed, frequency range are to be requested at the Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology as soon as possible, at least until 30 March 2019. Contact: +43 1 711 62 65 44001; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simultaneous interpretation of the Meeting of the Presidential Troika will be provided in German and English. Further interpretation booths are available for delegations who wish to bring their own interpreters. Please contact the organisers until 8 March 2019.
- Simultaneous interpretation of the plenary debates will be provided in German, English and French. A limited number of interpretation booths can be made available on a first-come, first-served basis to delegations who wish to bring their own interpreters. Please inform the organisers about the need for additional booths in advance by 8 March 2019 at the latest.
Arrival, departure and transport during the conference
Vienna City Marathon, 7 April 2019
For questions concerning logistical matters during the preparation of the delegation’s visit to Austria, please contact logistics-EUSpeakers@parlament.gv.at
Please turn to our staff at the information desk at the conference venue for assistance during the conference.
Delegations wishing to book a room for bilateral meetings during the conference are kindly asked to inform the organisers by e-mail: bilaterals-EUSpeakers@parlament.gv.at or during the conference at the information desk at the conference venue.
Taking the Floor
Participants who wish to take the floor during the meeting are kindly requested to fill in the request-the-floor cards and hand them over to the conference staff until the beginning of the debate of each session. These cards will be provided in the welcome bags together with other useful documents for the meeting.
Documents will be available on www.eu2018parl.at and in the conference room during the meeting.
The meeting will be broadcast as a live stream on www.eu2018parl.at in German and English, and the video will subsequently be made available in English on youtube. Upon accreditation to the conference, you agree to transfer to the Republic of Austria, represented by the Austrian Parliamentary Administration, the non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable and worldwide right to your speech and/or statements and to all images and videos of you produced at the conference. This includes the right to sublicense, reproduce, modify, distribute, broadcast, publicly perform, publicly display and make available to the public in any form and in any medium, whether known or later developed.
Smoking is permitted only in designated smoking areas.
Contacts / EU- and International Services of the Austrian Parliament
Mr Gerhard Koller
EU Participation and European Relations Department
Ms Julia Groiss
Protocol, Visits and Conference Organisation Department
Should you need any further information, please contact: