Federal Law on the Rules of Procedure of the National Council
Rules of Procedure Law of 1975
Promulgations: BGBl. [Federal Law Gazette] No. 410/1975 as amended in BGBl. Nos 302/1979, 353/1986, 720/1988, 569/1993, 438/1996 and BGBl. I Nos 131/1997, 163/1998, 29/2005, 31/2009, 11/2010, 12/2010, 114/2011, 66/2012, 31/2013, 131/2013, 132/2013, 6/2014, 99/2014, 62/2015, 41/2016 and 45/2020
Va. Summary Procedure
§ 28a. (1) In the case of a bill concerning a State Treaty the President may, after consultation of the members of the President's Conference, propose to the National Council immediately after communicating receipt of said bill according to § 23 (4) that it should not be referred to a Committee but placed on the agenda of one of the next sittings.
(2) If there is an objection to the President's proposal the bill shall be referred to a committee for preliminary deliberation.P28
§ 28b. (1) The President shall refer reports of the Federal Government and its members as well as reports of Federal Ministers on EU matters under Art. 23f (2) B-VG to a committee for final deliberation. Deliberations on reports of Federal Ministers on EU matters under Art. 23f (2) B-VG shall start within two months.
(2) Debates and votes on reports of the Federal Government and its members and on reports by Federal Ministers on EU matters under Art. 23f (2) B-VG shall be open to the public under § 37a (1) .
(3) A time frame for the debate shall be envisaged at the beginning of the sitting. In the debate no speaker may speak for more than ten minutes.
(4) For good cause the Committee may decide at any time during debate not to enter upon the final deliberation procedure. Preliminary deliberation by the Committee shall also take place at the request of a Parliamentary Group. The President shall decide, after consultation of the President’s Conference, how many such requests may be made by each Parliamentary Group, the minimum entitlement being one request per year and Parliamentary Group. In such cases, preliminary deliberation by the Committee shall be followed by a debate and vote under the General Provisions concerning the Consideration of Business in Sittings of the National Council.
(5) In conjunction with a request under para 4, second sentence, the Parliamentary Group may also require that the report in question be deliberated on by the National Council within the scope of the next two weeks of sittings as defined in § 13 (5).