(1) Classified information shall be marked clearly and visibly with the classification levels defined in § 4 Information Rules Act.
(2) The following information shall be marked “non-public” if it is unsuitable for publication (§ 3 para 2 Information Rules Act):
1. Bills, Documents, Reports, Items of Information and Communications on projects within the framework of the European Union or within the framework of the European Stability Mechanism insofar as they have not already been appropriately marked;
2. Requests and notifications in connection with the public prosecution of Members under § 10 paras 2, 3 and 5 Rules of Procedure Act 1975, Federal Law Gazette No. 410/1975, requests of authorities under Art. 63 para 2 B-VG as well as requests for the authority to prosecute persons for insulting the National Council under § 117 para 1 Criminal Code, Federal Law Gazette No. 60/1974;
3. Information provided under the Incompatibility and Transparency Act, Federal Law Gazette No. 330/1983, on which the Incompatibility Committee of the National or Federal Council has to decide, without prejudice to the provisions of § 9 of the Federal Constitutional Act on the Limitation of Emoluments of Holders of Public Offices, Federal Law Gazette I No. 64/1997;
4. Information whose inspection and distribution has been restricted by committee decision under § 14 Information Rules Act, in which case the marking shall include the committee name.
(3) Information classified at level 2 or higher shall bear the date, a reference number and the name of the originator and, on each page, the name of the recipient, the classification level, consecutive page number and, if appropriate, the serial number of the copy. If, in individual cases, such marking is impossible, other suitable methods of marking shall be used as determined by the person in charge of the Registry.
(4) § 21 para 5 of Annex 1 to the Rules of Procedure Act 1975 notwithstanding, further details, e.g. pertaining to the recipient, may be indicated if so provided by service regulations issued under § 13 .